Rosemary Roast Turkey
1 fresh or frozen (thawed) turkey breast (about 6 1/2 pounds)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
rosemary sprigs for garnish
Click Here For More Bodybuilding Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Rinse turkey breast with cold running water and drain well. In cup, combine rosemary, salt, and pepper. With hands, rub rosemary mixture all over turkey breast.
3. Place turkey breast in 13" by 9" roasting pan. Cover pan loosely with foil. Roast turkey breast 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove foil. Roast turkey breast 45 to 60 minutes longer, occasionally brushing breast with pan drippings. Start checking turkey breast for doneness during last 30 minutes of cooking. Turkey breast is done when thermometer inserted into breast (being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone) reaches 170 degrees F.
5. When turkey breast is done, transfer to warm, large platter. Let stand 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pour chicken broth into drippings in hot roasting pan, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Strain pan-juice mixture into small saucepan, let stand 1 minute. Skim fat and discard. Reheat and serve pan-juice mixture with turkey. Remove skin from turkey before eating if you like. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Do you have a bodybuilding meal or muscle building recipe you'd like us to add? Contact Us.