High Protein Oat 'n' Banana Slices
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
- 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
- 60g Banana Flavoured Whey Protein Powder (Any other flavour could
- 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
- 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
- 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have
a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
- Find a baking tray approx 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
- Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent
to mixture sticking.
- Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
- Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and then cut into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
Nutrition: Each slice contains approximately: Protein: 12.4g from
mixed sources (Whey, Egg & Oats) Carbohydrate: 21.6g Fat: 2.1g Fat Please
Note that these nutritional values have been calculated using the figures
from the ingredients, added together and divided by eight (the number
of slices). No tests have been done to truly calculate the exact nutritional
values of the cooked item. These figures may vary depending on the manufacturer
of your protein powder and also the size of the eggs that you use.
Editors note: (each slice yields 155 kcals.) Comment: Oats are a complex
carbohydrate which offer a slow and sustained flow of energy. Oats also
have high fibre and great nutritional value. Oat ‘n’ Banana Slices are
an excellent pre workout meal.
Click Here For More Bodybuilding Recipes
Do you have a bodybuilding meal or muscle building recipe you'd like us to add? Contact Us.