FREE Bodybuilding Workouts
The Science Of Advanced Bodybuilding
Build Mass, Gain Strength and Get Ripped!
Enter your first name and a valid email address
for instant access to the free workout program.
Muscle Building Recipe
Homemade Protein Bars
- 300g Oats
- 25g Vanilla Whey
- 40g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 (60g) Eggs
- 1 Banana (120g)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 100ml Regular Milk
- Pinch salt
- Generous pinch Cinnamon
- Add Oats to mixing bowl.
- Add whey, mix briefly.
- Add pinch salt, and cinnamon.
- Add Peanut Butter. Mix, trying to break peanut butter up into small
lumps. Mix briefly.
- Gradually add lightly beaten eggs, whilst mixing.
- Add (mashed) banana, mix well.
- Add honey, mix.
- Gradually add milk, whilst mixing.
- Place in lightly oiled or greaseproof paper lined square baking tin
(I used a 7"x7"x1.5" tin)
- Bake at moderate oven temp. (180 deg) for 20-25 mins, or until golden
I have just made these for the first time. They smell nice, are slightly
soft-centred due to the banana, and taste quite good, albeit quite oat-ey.
I got 8 slices out of the mixture. Each slice is :
- 135.5 kcals
- 7.5g Protein
- 14g Carbs
- 5.5g Fat
...based on the ingredients used. These bars were made with the intention
of convenient food whilst bulking. I would have preferred more protein
in the bars. Next time, I will add more whey, another banana and egg,
and possibly less oats.
Another 50 grams of whey would put the Protein to Carbohydrate
ratio at 1:1 and this would be good and the bars would still retain their
moist, rich texture. Enjoy!
Click Here For More Bodybuilding Recipes
Do you have a bodybuilding meal or muscle building recipe you'd like us to add? Contact Us.
Copyright 2007-2014 ShopCity.net